Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Lessons Learned from a Cow

I love the Blue hill Fair and this year I was fortunate enough to broadcast  from the KISS 94.5 van at the fair.  When my shift was over I walked around and took in all the sights, sounds and good eats of the fair.  Frankly, most fairs don’t appeal to me.  This one does because of the animals!    I grew up in Pennsylvania farm country so the sight of cows, the smell of a bail of hay and even manure is comforting to my inner child! 
While checking out the cows at the fair I happened upon a flyer that I thought I would share with you in this column.  Yes… It’s a little silly… but perhaps it will mooo-ve you to chuckle a bit and brighten your day!   I don’t know who wrote this so I can’t give them credit.  Whoever you are… a big s-mooo-ch and thank you!

“What Can You Learn from a Cow”

1.  Wake up in a happy mooo-d.
2.  Don’t cry over spilled milk.
3.  Turn the udder cheek and mooo-ve on!
4.  Seize every opportunity and milk it for all it’s worth.
5.  It’s better to be seen and not herd.
6.  Honor they fodder and thy mother and all your udder relatives.
7.  Never take any bull from anybody.
8.  Always let them know who’s bossy!
9.  Stepping on cow pies brings good luck.
10.  Don’t forget to cow-nt your blessings every day.

So there you have it -  what I learned at the Blue Hill Fair this year!  Hope you have a mooow-velous week!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment