Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

What Zappos can teach us


A company that really gets it when it comes to customer service is zappos.com.  They consistently rate high in customer service surveys and personally – I’m a fan!   I like them because they offer products I can’t find locally with free and speedy shipping  - plus returns and exchanges are never a hassle.  But what I especially like about Zappos is their sense of humor!  You’ve probably chuckled at their TV ads and when you call to speak with a customer service rep – you actually get to a real person who is helpful, friendly and fun!   The last time I called to ask about making an exchange, my rep asked me for my order number.  I said, “hold on” to which she replied, “To what – my desk, my chair…?”   Hilarious!   Then she proceeded to really WOW me.  When I asked if I could exchange the boots I bought for a smaller size.  She said they would ship out another pair today for FREE and no charge for shipping!   She said,  “Try them on – pick the ones you like best and return the other pair.”   When I thanked her for making that so easy – she said  “Shopping should be fun and not a hassle!”   A lesson every business can learn from!

Zappos success is based on 10 core values
  1. Deliver WOW Through Service
  2. Embrace and Drive Change
  3. Create Fun and A Little Weirdness
  4. Be Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded
  5. Pursue Growth and Learning
  6. Build Open and Honest Relationships With Communication
  7. Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit
  8. Do More With Less
  9. Be Passionate and Determined
  10. Be Humble
These are great values for any business whether you are operating on-line, from a store front, or out of your truck!  Zappos gets it and as a result customers and employees are fiercely loyal to them!   Think about how you can deliver the WOW factor to your customers and have fun doing it and remember – a little weirdness is good for business!    

No comments:

Post a Comment